Avocado Mayo

One taste of this healthy avocado mayo, and you might never want to go back to regular mayonnaise again!

Avocado Mayo Recipe

Have You Tried Avocado Mayonnaise Yet?

What might have started out as just a crazy health food fad has suddenly gone mainstream.

I’ve recently noticed that even big brands such as Kraft and Hellman’s are now offering their own versions in regular grocery stores.

As someone who loves both avocados and mayonnaise, I’m honestly surprised it’s taken me this long to get on board.

But now that I’m hooked, there’s no looking back.

Hopefully you will love this easy and super healthy avocado mayo recipe as much as I do.

Leftover Avocado? Make This Avocado Smoothie!

avocado

Ways To Use This Avocado Mayo

I’m not going to tell you that I was eating it straight from the blender with a spoon.

And I’m definitely not going to tell you that I was licking the blender blades and recommend you do the same.

You didn’t hear that.

What I am going to tell you is that this creamy avocado mayo can be used in many of the same ways you’d use regular mayo, including spreading it on top of sandwiches, adding it to potato or pasta salads, spooning it over tacos or roasted vegetables, or using it as a dip for oven baked french fries.

It’s also fantastic spread on top of this Veggie Burger Recipe.

Avocado Mayonnaise

People often ask how I come up with my recipes.

In the case of this mayonnaise, I literally looked up the ingredients of regular mayonnaise (oil, water, eggs, vinegar, salt, sugar, lemon, natural flavors) and used those same ingredients but substituted avocado for the egg and omitted the sugar.

I played around with amounts until happy with the taste and thickness, then I decided to throw in a little onion and garlic powder because I thought it still needed something, and those are my go-to spices.

Out of curiosity, I made a second version with extra water instead of the oil, and I thought both versions were completely delicious.

Then came the aforementioned part where I definitely didn’t eat it straight from the blender.

No, definitely not.

 Trending Right Now: Buffalo Cauliflower Wings 

Healthy OIL FREE Avocado Mayo

Avocado Mayo

Also Try This Avocado Chocolate Mousse

Avocado Mayo

Total Time: 5m
Yield: 1 1/4 cup
5/5

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup mashed ripe avocado
  • 2 tsp white or cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 3/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsp oil, or additional water for a low-fat mayo

Instructions

Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add more water if a thinner mayo spread is desired. If you want a spicy mayo, feel free to add a dash of hot sauce or cayenne. Store leftovers covered in the fridge, 3-4 days.

View Nutrition Facts

 

More Healthy Recipes:

Cauliflower Mac And Cheese Thanksgiving

Cauliflower Mac And Cheese

 

Easy Mushroom Gravy Recipe

Mushroom Gravy

 

sweet potato brownies

Sweet Potato Brownies

 

Low Carb Keto Chocolate Coconut Fudge Bars Recipe

Chocolate Coconut Fudge Bars

 

5/5 (4)

Rate this recipe

Find more healthy recipes like this Avocado Mayo at Chocolate Covered Katie.



from Chocolate Covered Katie https://ift.tt/2ssE48S

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
  • Food recipes © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes